Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday 12th progress already

I have 'phoned the hospital twice today and got good news both times.

First thing (7am) Dad was still being kept asleep until the surgeon examined him. They were pleased with his progress; the bleeding which had been a bit of a concern last night had stopped and his blood pressure was stable.

I 'phoned again at 12 and he'sd been woken up and taken off the ventalator. They were very pleased with his progress. He will be kept in the ITU until tomorrow as the pump inserted in his leg on Thursday night had to be removed - probably this afternoon - and he would need time to get over that.

I'm not sure exactly what happened on Thursday night as the CCU nurse said he'd had a comfortable night but when I spoke to dad he told me that he'd had a pain so severe that he was given morphine and that didn't kill it and that the pump had been inserted. I'll know more when I speak to the nurse in charge tomorrow.

I have to 'phone again at five and SK is going over this evening so check back later for further updates.

Love Lala

No comments: